Suggestion for Model/ViewController explanation

A question about the paragraph above

“It Qt land the distinction between the View & Controller gets a little murky. Qt accepts input events from the user (via the OS) and delegates these to the widgets (Controller) to handle. However, widgets also handle presentation of the current state to the user, putting them squarely in the View. Rather than agonize over where to draw the line, in Qt-speak the View and Controller are instead merged together creating a Model/ViewController architecture — called “Model View” for simplicity sake.”

I can see how bringing the View & Controller together might be merged together and called “ViewController,” but I’m missing how Model got introduced in the line of thought.

It would seem clearer to me if that part read “Rather than agonize over where to draw the line, in Qt-speak the View and Controller are instead merged together creating a ViewController architecture, into which a Model class to hold state is joined, with the whole thing called “Model View” for simplicity’s sake”

… I don’t understand yet how Model is involved (that’s why I’m loving these tutorials)…but just giving you one newbie’s perspective on that part of the current page. Hope the feedback is useful!