Peer Review Requested

I’m really happy that this site exists.
PyQt is a great toolkit, I really like how it looks native across all platforms.
I have written a desktop app that uses PyQt and I would appreciate a review of it.

Can it be run?
Do the readme notes make sense?
Does it look ok?
What does the app do badly?

Many thanks

1 Like

@nicholas5720 Wow very nice work. I like it. Scraped an 200MB error_log from apache based server and tested it looks cool. I gotta find a way to pipe a remote error_log into it cause i’m not running a local one with active stuff where it would tail live logs.

I also have some code you might find interesting if looking to expand regex for the access log ones.
https://gitlab.com/mikeramsey/access-log-parser/-/blob/master/access-logparser.py

got it to work by setting up an sshfs mount and then passing it that file path. Due to the filesize it took a few minutes to start but seems to be working good now.

@mike2750 I’m really glad you like it.
The fact it scraped a 200MB file is due to how well Qt manages a data grid - the data grid seems to be good at showing large amounts of data.

I deliberately didn’t implement sshfs at this point as that’s a big thing, and I thought it was best to force the user to make sure log files are in a filesystem - makes life easier.

If you have time can you try and run the tests?

The link you provided, what does it do?